Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little More Chile

Just a few more pictures to show you all the beauty of Chile. I wish I was this good at taking pictures, but these were taken by my own professional photographer- Todd. Thanks love!









Todd & I on Easter
A traditional Asada
(basically a BBQ... but loads better)
To finish up this post here is one of many stories to come of Chile. Evey day was an adventure. My first day in Chile i arrive at 8 in the morning. Took a taxi from the airport (and yes my cab driver stole $200 dollars from me) to the bus station. After playing charades with many people i got onto a bus to Pucon at 11 am. Around 11 pm that night i pulled into Pucon thinking Todd would be at the station waiting for me.... and he wasn't. Come to find out, Pucon has 3 different bus terminals. Good for Pucon/Bad for me. I didn't really know where to go, so i found a Hostel run by two old Chilean women. These women were incredibly sweet, kinda, and spoke no english. Through song and dance they were able to figure out how to help me. They fed me, gave me the internet, and showered me with hugs and kisses. By 11:30 pm Todd had found me.
All my experiences with the Chileans (except that no good, dirty, foul, man of a taxi driver) was great. What a kind hearted people. Willing to give you the shirt off their backs and all the food they have. I look forward to going back this fall.

3 comments:

Jake and Diana Rothfels said...

Wow that looks amazing! I'd love to go there someday. Your boy is cutie:)

rachel ramsay said...

you really are one of the coolest chicas i know.

MeganDan said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I bet it was an absolute blast :) Travel while you can girlie!